Moving Maritime Canada's medical school forward
An integral part of Maritime Canada since 1868, Dalhousie Medical School teaches scientific excellence and humanity in medicine, facilitates leading health research, influences social and health policy and helps drive the regional economy.
#DalMedForward, the medical school's five-year strategic plan, is a framework for prioritizing initiatives and allocating resources.
The Faculty of Medicine inspires and enables excellence in health care through its medical education and research programs, and by serving and engaging society.
International leadership in medical education and research, responsive to health needs across the Maritimes.
- Excellence, innovation, life-long learning & evidence-based
- Relationships that are collegial, collaborative, respectful
- Responsiveness to regional, national and international
- Integrity, accountability, transparency and fairness
- Social responsibility, diversity and advocacy
KEY STRATEGIC AREAS
- Serving & engaging society
- Organizational, operational & fiscal renewal
Of the four key strategic areas, education and research capture priority initiatives related to the fundamental mission of Dalhousie Medical School. Serving & engaging society includes – through scientific discovery, training, and working in partnership with government and teaching hospital partners – meeting the health care needs of the Maritime community. And the remaining strategic area – organizational, operational & fiscal renewal – provides the foundation and structure needed to effectively implement the strategic plan.