Student Affairs & Wellness Liaisons (SAWL)
- Shall be a ‘safety net’ for fellow medical students offering support and guidance in a confidential and non-judgemental manner. Reps may direct students to services within Dalhousie and beyond.
- Shall coordinate and promote sessions/activities, including
Orientation Week - i.e., panel with SAWLs reps and Student Affairs, followed by Yoga
Physician Addiction OR Mental Health Talk
Significant Others Night
Panel discussions between senior and junior students.
- Shall promote Student Affairs events throughout the year –
Resident Living Library
Career Counselling Sessions
- Shall manage and promote student wellness resources (including counselling, Doctor’s Nova Scotia support program, Doctor’s New Brunswick support program, etc)
- Shall represent/support student(s) at committees and events
- Member of the Wellness Week team with DMSS Sports and Wellness Rep, VP External Jr., President of Med1 class, President of Med2 class.
- Monthly meetings with Assistant Dean and Director of Student Affairs of their respective campus (applies to Med1 and Med2 SAWLs)
For more information http://www.dmss.ca/sports-and-wellness.html
Warda Limaye email@example.com
John Bartolacci firstname.lastname@example.org