COVID‑19 for the Public
WEBINAR OF INTEREST
CPD Faculty Development Thursdays: May 7 - 8:00-9:00 p.m.: Dr. Wendy Stewart: Harnassing the Power of Music during the COIVD-19 Pandemic. To access: https://dal.adobeconnect.com/cme-live
ABOUT COVID-19 - WEBSITES
On this government of Canada website you will find information about the virus, preparation, who is at risk and symptoms of the illness. There is the added bonus of a “COVID-19 virtual assistant”
Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness:
- Proper handwashing poster
- Information on how to self-isolate
- Social distancing best practices
- Social distancing poster
- Vulnerable populations and COVID-19
NUMBERS AND TRACKING
- CBC app interactive update provides Canadian numbers for both cases and deaths by province
- Johns’ Hopkins Map provides data on international number for cases, deaths and recovered. It is being updated more than once a day.
RECOMMENDATIONS/VIRTUAL GATHERINGS FROM THE CHOOSING WISELY PROGRAM
- Choosing Wisely: COVID-19 Recommendations - (Patients) [PDF 49 kB]
- Choosing Wisely Canada’s virtual gatherings. This weekly forum provides an opportunity for the Choosing Wisely Canada community to discuss various topics, for interactive learning, for discussions as well as the opportunity to stay connected with each other during these challenging times. Please visit https://choosingwiselycanada.org/events for information on these sessions and to register.
- Date/Time: every Wednesday, 12:00 noon - 1 p.m. (ET) starting on April 15.
- Audience: Health care providers and the public