Customized & On‑Demand Programs
Unable to come to us? We can come to you!
Looking to incorporate faculty development and medical education topics into your grand rounds, departmental meetings or academic half days? If so, the Division of Medical Education is partnering with Dalhousie Faculty Development to provide talks and other presentations in your clinical setting.
Our Directors of Faculty Development (Halifax and DMNB), along with researchers and educators from the Division of Medical Education who are experts on a wide variety of education-related topics listed below. Additionally, you can propose another topic of relevance to faculty at your site.
- Competency-based medical education
- Social accountability
- Medical education research and scholarship
- Critical thinking
- Assessing learners and providing feedback for learning in clinical settings
- Designing exams – MCQ and OSCE
- Communication skills
- Academic career development and promotion
- Enhancing teaching strategies – lecturing, tutoring, at the bedside
- Remediation of learners
- Resilience and goal setting
- Safer supervision of learners
- Clinician as Teacher (CAT) course