- Health Professions Education Research: Considering the Past and Looking to the Future for a New Research Paradigm (2011) [WMV - 94 MB; duration - 60:00] | Joel H. Lamphear
- What is Education Research? An Introduction (2012) [MP4 - 610 MB; duration - 64:00] | Joan Sargeant, PhD, Dalhousie University
- An Introduction to Qualitative Research...Getting Started (2013) [MP4 - 52 MB; duration - 47:00] | Joan Evans, PhD, Dalhousie University
- Critical Appraisal: Assessing and Summarizing Empirical Literature (2012) [MP4 - 77.5 MB; duration - 54:00] | Krista Ritchie, PhD, Consulting Scientist, IWK Interdisciplinary Research Team
- Mixed Methods Research (2012) [MP4 - 147 MB; duration - 74:00] | Joan Sargeant, PhD, Dalhousie University
|Creswell JW. Research design: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. 4th ed. Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, 2013. (2nd edition online at Harvard University)
||This is an accessible, practical text for the clinician who is interested in designing education research projects. Although not specifically about medical education, it is a useful reference on how to select a research design, review the literature, select a method, and so on.