Global health through your eyes
Do you have outstanding photos that tell a compelling story about your global health experience? Each year the global health office at Dalhousie hosts the Global Health Photo Contest to recognize these beautiful images and inspiring stories. This contest is open to students, residents and faculty and staff at Dalhousie.
Global Health is all around us, there are many opportunities for inspiring images in our own backyard. Be creative! Think of everything that impacts the health of individuals and communities.
Call for Submissions - 2017 Global Health Photo Contest
Deadline: March 5, 2017
Theme: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
We are now accepting submissions for the Global Health Photo Contest. Please send submissions to the Global Health Office by email: email@example.com.
To find out more about the SDGs please use this link.
Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Artistic and visual appeal
- Conveyance of global health through photographic imagine
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form;
- Entries must be an original work taken by the individual submitting the photo; and permission of all individuals in the photo must be acquired;
- Entries must be appropriate for a general audience;
- Entrants may submit up to two photographs.
- Entries must be submitted as digital (300 dpi at 8x10 inches) or 8x10 printed photos.
Photo Rights and Usage
The global health office retains the rights to use the photographs indefinitely and free of charge in print communications, web communications, or any other Dalhousie global health related project. Photos may be used to promote education, research and service to advance global health at Dalhousie, proper accreditation will be provided when possible.
Awards will be given for first and second place:
- First prize: $50 gift card and photo featured on the global health office website
- Second prize: $25 gift card and photo featured on the global health office website
Format and Entry Process
1st place - 2016
Pediatric Shy-Eye Exam
Accra, Ghana, 2010
2nd place - 2016
The tie of love
Kathmandu, Nepal, August 13, 2011
1st place - 2015
Honduras, February 2011
2nd place - 2015
Ho Chi Minh Commute
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, August 2012
1st place - 2014
Now that I have seen …I am Responsible
Bethlehem, Palestine, The West Bank, March 2012
2nd place - 2014
My Heart Lies in Ireland
Ireland, County Kerry, May 2013
1st place - 2013
Kolkata, India, March 2011
2nd place - 2013
Tanzania Bike Silhouette
Ifakara Tanzania, June 2011
1st place - 2011
Sarhlahi District (Community Health)
Sarhlahi District, Nepal, August 2011
2nd place - 2011
Family Bike Ride
Ifakara, Tanzania, June 2010
1st place - 2010
Rain Equals Health