Support for Indigenous students who aspire to pursue a career in medicine
The Indigenous program seeks to increase representation of Indigenous students in medicine through recruitment, community collaboration and partnerships. It also advises the dean of medicine, to fulfill the social accountability mandate to the maritime Indigenous community.
The Indigenous Health Program will focus on:
- developing specific admission pathways
- creating mentoring and outreach opportunities
- ensuring equity in admissions for all students of Indigenous decent
- providing support for the academic success and graduation of indigenous learners
- pursuing opportunities for curriculum development
If you are interested in receiving support from the Indigenous Program or for more information please complete the support form.
Contact Indigenous Health
Program Manager: Joe MacEachern