Participate in global health around the world
Dalhousie’s current partnerships for students to engage in international education experiences include:
- Austria - Medical University of Graz, Graz
- Denmark - Aarhus University, Aarhus
- India - Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Malaysia – International Medical University, Kuala Lampur
- Rwanda - University of Rwanda, Butare
- Tanzania - Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health & Saint Francis District Referral Hospital, Ifakara
- Tanzania - PASADA, Dar es Salaam
- Thailand - Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen
- Thailand - Thammasat University, Pathumthani
- CFMS/IFMSA - Canadian Federation of Medical Schools has multiple options for international electives. Please visit the CFMS website for more information.
For detailed information on each program location, please contact Said Msabaha.
For more information on global health education opportunities please review the 2018 - 2019 International Education Handbook [PDF 1.2 MB]
Easing the burden
Electives through our partners are a great way to ease the burden on students and hosts. The GHO has developed relationships with each partner, allowing greater support from Dalhousie, a better understanding of student strengths from the partners and an overall easier placement.
Our goal is to provide focused, consistent and quality placements for students seeking education experiences abroad and to align with current policies. For example, all international medical electives must abide by accreditation standards and must follow the international elective policy [PDF 522 kB]. for approval.