Participate in global health around the world
Dalhousie’s current partnerships for medical students to engage in an international elective include:
- The Gambia - NS Gambia Association
- Guyana - Georgetown Public Hospital, Georgetown
- India - Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Malaysia – International Medical University, Kuala Lampur
- Rwanda - National University of Rwanda, Butare
- Taiwan – National Cheng Kung University, Tainan
- Tanzania - Tanzanian Training Centre for International Health & Saint Francis District Referral Hospital, Ifakara
- Tanzania - PASADA, Dar es Salaam
- Thailand - Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen
- CFMS/IFMSA - Canadian Federation of Medical Schools has multiple options for international electives. Please visit the CFMS website for more information.
For detailed information on each program location, please contact Said Msabaha.
Easing the burden
Electives through our partners are a great way to ease the burden on students and hosts. The GHO has developed relationships with each partner, allowing greater support from Dalhousie, a better understanding of student strengths from the partners and an overall easier placement.
To provide focused, consistent and quality placements for students seeking electives abroad and to align with current accreditation standards, all international medical electives must follow the international elective policy [PDF 522 kB]. for approval.