Build new experiences
If you're a current preceptor and you would like to post a position, please contact Jacquelyn Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-473-2812
Locum opportunity in Fredericton, NB
Salaried Locum Hospitalist Physician – Fredericton, New Brunswick
Horizon Health Network seeks a salaried full-time locum hospitalist physician for the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital in Fredericton, New Brunswick for a maternity leave from July 2019 until August 2020. The successful candidate will share equitable evening and weekend call responsibilities with a team of three other full time hospitalist physicians. Experience in hospital based medicine would be an asset. CFPC certification preferred. This is a great opportunity to work with our wonderful team!!
The physician will provide medical care to hospitalized patients in a multidisciplinary health care environment. Efficient plan of care optimizing admission orders, treatment and investigative modalities, and timely discharge planning are essential. Effective documentation, communication with the patient, the patient’s family, and the patient’s family physician during the hospital stay and at the time of discharge is essential.
Horizon Health Network, www.horizonnb.ca, is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network’s strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.
HOURS OF WORK:
Weekdays as well as weekend, holiday or after hours responsibilities
- Comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients, who have no local family physician or whose family physician does not have privileges at DECRH, to include discharge patient instructions and efficient completion of dictated discharge summaries to facilitate continuity of care with primary care physicians. Total number of patients under one hospitalist’s care: 15-17 patients.
- Optimize efficient utilization of health care resources.
- Organization of daily rounds to optimize care of acutely ill patients and timely patient discharge.
- Assist as required with any in-hospital medical emergencies when on site as part of the code team.
- When on call accept admissions on an as-needed basis where there is no receiving family physician with privileges.
- Participate in a rotating call schedule with other hospitalists to include an equitable share of weekends, statutory holidays and evening call responsibilities. (~1 in 5)
- Participate in the use of departmental and corporate evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that expected standards of care are achieved.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority’s mission, values and strategic directions.
- In the interest of promoting public health, participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
Note: These responsibilities are the basic and prime duties associated with this position; other related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health.
- Comply with CFPC CME annual requirements
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Family Practice and the Hospitalist program.
- Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, the Medical Services Payment Act, and their regulations.
- Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Follow the Code of Ethics of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
Remuneration based on provincial Medical Pay Plan.
EXPECTED START DATE:
Maternity coverage - July 2019 until August 2020
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Fredericton, New Brunswick’s capital is an energetic city having much to offer individuals as well as families. Being an officially bilingual province, Fredericton has a vibrant francophone population. Le Centre communautaire Sainte-Anne houses schooling from daycare to high school, various sporting activities, weekly francophone movies, happy hours with local francophone entertainment and a Health Centre making Fredericton a wonderful location to live. The city also offers many recreational activities such as enjoying water sports on the majestic St. John River, playing a round of golf on one of the 7 golf courses, walking, running or biking on various trails, playing tennis in our indoor or outdoor courts, skiing and snowboarding at Crabbe Mountain, joining an ultimate Frisbee team, to visiting the beautiful Art Galleries including the world renown Beaverbrook Art Gallery, taking in live theatre at the Playhouse, being entertained by numerous festivals such as the Annual Music Festival and the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival, Frostival in the winter months, a free outdoor skating rink in the heart of the city, Fredericton’s famous Boyce Farmer’s Market, Science East where children and children at heart are taught the basics of science in a fun and entertaining setting, Fredericton captures it all.
- Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
- ACLS preferred.
- CCFP preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
** Horizon Health Network adheres to all privacy legislation and policies to ensure confidential patient, business, financial and employee information is disclosed only to those authorized to receive it for the purpose of fulfilling their job duties. **
Applicants are invited to forward their CV along with three references to Denise Coulombe, Physician Recruitment Officer at Denise.Coulombe@horizonnb.ca and Dr. Michael Hayter at Dr.Michael.Hayter@horizonnb.ca
Posted Feb 12, 2019 __________________________________________________________________________________________
Locum opportunity in Antigonish, NS
Seeking full-time, part-time and/or locum hospitalists at St. Martha's Regional Hospital in Antigonish as our service is set to expand from 18-20 beds to an expected 60 beds in 2019. Expectations and compensation is as per the provincial hospitalist agreement, including: coverage of approx. 18 beds from 8am to 5pm daily ($1319.50 daily compensation), sharing on-call responsibilities 1 in 3 during working weeks (5pm-8am, stipend $300 week-day and $400 week-end + FFS after hours billing). Coverage includes medical patients outside the ICU, stroke patients in our regional stroke unit, stable paediatric patients, newborns, and inpatients on the geriatric rehabilitation unit. We are a tight knit, cohesive group of physicians who value high quality patient care and the wellness of our colleagues. We are looking for physicians who are team players and willing to grow with us as our program expands. For those looking to combine hospitalist work with other areas of practice, there are many opportunities available. Work availability from the last week in onwards. Please contact Dr. Emily Rice, SMRH hospitalist site lead, at email@example.com
Posted: January 17, 2019
Locum opportunity in Charlottetown, PEI October 2018 - June 2019.
Flexible clinical locum that could also include inpatient care for general medical patients, healthy newborns, and paediatric patients. Inpatient care would include on call services which is remunerated quite well. The clinic includes a medical secretary, LPN, and collaborative nurse practitioner who has been with the practice for 5 years and knows the patients quite well.
The clinic is located in an office space shared with 7 other fantastic family physicians who are very supportive. There is also an option to provide clinic in a First Nations clinic on reserve approximately 20 minutes away part-time.
Remuneration is typically by the hour. There is no overhead. There are options for payment relief of college and medical society dues. There is an additional locum daily stipend to help with housing costs.
Please contact Megan Armstrong, MD CCFP at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
Posted: July 17, 2018
Come practice smack in the middle of the Maritimes!
Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre in Amherst, Nova Scotia, is looking for GPs to contribute to Inpatient, and/or ER and/or Obstetrics, either as locums or for permanent positions. Get your feet wet and start shaping the practice of your dreams!
This is a great place to work! We will work personally with you to make sure you sculpt experience that you want! Most of the GPs are Dalhousie faculty and all are happy to help you transition to practice. We’ll provide back-up and advice or support as needed. All the additional GP opportunities are here: ER shifts, collaborative practices, fabulous ambulatory care “lumps and bumps”, great specialty back-up.
This hospital is run by GPs, I myself am a GP. This is great medicine and idyllic rural living, but we are ALSO close to the amenities of city life, with Moncton and the airport just 30 minutes across the border to New Brunswick and Halifax only 2 hours away. Oh, and we’ll pay for your move, help pay off your debt, and the money is great.
Email me or call for more information!
Dr. Janneke Gradstein
Medical Site Lead Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre
email@example.com or 902-694-0572
Posted: July 11, 2018
Dr. Maria Patrqiuin is seeking a locum for a few months in addition to a part-time long-term family practice locum to enable her to complete some academic and college obligations and tend to family illness. The practice is located in a CFPC endorsed PMH/Collborative care clinic so in house you have easy access to friendly, personable, knowledgeable health care professionals including a physiotherapist, massage therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, dietician and nurse practitioner. EMR in place with supports. Flexible times and hours. No nights or call required. Good split. See Home
Dr. Maria Patriquin MD CCFP
Living Well Integrative Health Center, founder
2176 Windsor Street, Halifax NS
Posted July 12, 2018