Terms of Reference
This committee is responsible for the planning, coordination, management and evaluation of awards (scholarships, endowments, bursaries, trophies) for the Department of Family Medicine Education Program for undergraduate and postgraduate education as well as preceptors awards for teaching.
- Chair, Awards Committee
- Head, Department of Family Medicine
- Postgraduate Program Director
- Undergraduate Program Director (chair)
- Resident Representative (one PGY1 or PGY2 from any site)
- Medical Education Manager
- Medical Education Coordinator
- Education Secretary (recording secretary)
Quorum for the committee is 50 per cent plus one of voting members. Optimal voting membership is four, quorum is three.
The Awards Committee reports to the head of the Department of Family Medicine.
The committee meets quarterly or bimonthly, as determined by the chair, excluding the months of July and August.
The Awards Committee has the responsibility and authority to implement the distribution of awards based on criteria set out for the individual awards (e.g. endowments, bursaries, etc.).
The medical education coordinator and education secretary will provide or facilitate all support needed for this committee.