Transfer Request Applications Policy
Departmental Policy for Transfer Requests into the Family Medicine Residency Program at Dalhousie University from other Family Medicine or Royal College Programs
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee twice per year. Applications submitted by April 30 will be considered for a July 1 start. Applications submitted by October 31 will be considered for a January 1 start. According to the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) requirements for residency eligibility, candidates will not be considered for terms less than 18 months.
For an application to be considered by the department selection committee it must include the following:
- Completed application form
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcripts
- Current CV
- Three academic letters of reference (one from the program director)
- Personal letter
- Copies of evaluations for all rotations completed in current program forwarded by the postgraduate dean’s office of current program.
- The family medicine program director must have a conversation with transferee’s program director to discuss educational status prior to final approval of the transfer.
- The family medicine education secretary will arrange an interview with a family medicine faculty member if it is to be offered to the candidate.
All documents should be sent to:
Dr. Karlyne Dufour, director, family medicine residency program
c/o Ms. Daryll Lambert
Department of Family Medicine
Abbie J. Lane Memorial Building, QEII HSC
8th Floor, 5909 Veterans’ Memorial Lane
Halifax, NS B3H 2E2