News» Go to news main
Honouring Dr. Murray Nixon
Halifax, Nova Scotia-We have lost a cherished colleague in Murray Nixon, BSC, MD, FCFP, CHE, CCFP. A long-time member of the Department of Family Medicine, Dr. Nixon was born in Saint John NB. After a degree from Mount Allison, Dr. Nixon did his medical training at McGill. He made major contributions to Family Medicine and the Division of Geriatrics through his leadership in health care of the elderly. He also was a past chair of the Canadian Council of Health Services Accreditation and the Canadian Home Care Association. He was a mentor and inspiration to many young physicians who are now following in his footsteps.
Dr. Nixon was well known for his enthusiasm and his love of running. Dr. Nixon passed away on November 24, 2012 at the age of 77.
Condolescences from the Department of Family Medicine
- NS Minister of Health announces new family medicine teaching site in North Nova
- Care By Design Delivers Successful Results
- Graduation Event at Southwest Nova Site
- Dalhousie Family Medicine Researchers are co‑PIs on THREE successful Programmatic Grants funded for over $2 million each!
- Dalhousie Medical School's first assistant dean of resident affairs.
- Another Successful Faculty Development Workshop
- Drs. Langley and MacKillop honoured with the Dr. Robert Baillie award
- Dr. Emily Marshall receives 1.2 million dollar Canadian CIHR Project Grant Funding.