News» Go to news main
Honouring Dr. Murray Nixon
Halifax, Nova Scotia-We have lost a cherished colleague in Murray Nixon, BSC, MD, FCFP, CHE, CCFP. A long-time member of the Department of Family Medicine, Dr. Nixon was born in Saint John NB. After a degree from Mount Allison, Dr. Nixon did his medical training at McGill. He made major contributions to Family Medicine and the Division of Geriatrics through his leadership in health care of the elderly. He also was a past chair of the Canadian Council of Health Services Accreditation and the Canadian Home Care Association. He was a mentor and inspiration to many young physicians who are now following in his footsteps.
Dr. Nixon was well known for his enthusiasm and his love of running. Dr. Nixon passed away on November 24, 2012 at the age of 77.
Condolescences from the Department of Family Medicine
- Dalhousie Family Medicine Research announced as one of the leading research teams known as “The Wave”
- Dr. Fred Burge: NSHRF Unsung Hero
- DR. Piccinini‑Vallis Recipient of Western University's John F. Sangster Award
- BRIC NS lays foundation for a future of better care
- A day of collaborative focus means better research and health outcomes for Nova Scotians.
- BRIC NS seeks community input on research
- Dr. Tara Dahn Halifax Site PGY1 Resident Published in the Canadian Journal of Diagnosis
- MAAP Study Published In Oxford University Press