Research News» Go to news main
Research News: HOT Off The Press!!
Dr. Nandini Natarajan, Co-author, publishes research paper: Validating the 8 CPCSSN Case Definitions for Chronic Disease Surveillance in a Primary Care Database of Electronic Health Records
The Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Surveillance Network (CPCSSN) is Canada’s first national chronic disease surveillance system based on electronic health record (EHR) data. The purpose of this study was to develop and validate case definitions and case-finding algorithms used to identify 8 common chronic conditions in primary care: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), dementia, depression, diabetes, hypertension, osteoarthritis, parkinsonism, and epilepsy.
Read the full publication.
- Dalhousie Family Medicine Research announced as one of the leading research teams known as “The Wave”
- Dr. Fred Burge: NSHRF Unsung Hero
- DR. Piccinini‑Vallis Recipient of Western University's John F. Sangster Award
- BRIC NS lays foundation for a future of better care
- A day of collaborative focus means better research and health outcomes for Nova Scotians.
- BRIC NS seeks community input on research
- Dr. Tara Dahn Halifax Site PGY1 Resident Published in the Canadian Journal of Diagnosis
- MAAP Study Published In Oxford University Press