News» Go to news main
Drs. Langley and MacKillop honoured with the Dr. Robert Baillie award
Langley and MacKillop were honoured Thursday night at the Dr. Robert Baillie Lecture in Sydney for their leadership and support of medical residency training in Cape Breton.
In 1997, the Family Medicine Residency Program began through a teaching partnership with the Dalhousie University School of Medicine. The program gives residents a broad range of experiences in their two years on the island. With support from the family physicians and specialists who participate in the program, residents practise in hospitals, community clinics, rural sites and physician offices. They also receive training in a variety of areas including surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, cardiology, psychiatry and more.
- Dalhousie and NSHA researchers get $1 million to study COVID‑19
- Dr. Karen McNeil Featured on the Cover of the April 2020 Issue of doctorsNS
- Welcome Dr. Ryan Henneberry, CCFP (EM) Program Director
- May 19th is Family Doctor Day
- Welcome Dr. Sasha Sealy, Medical Education Postgraduate Director
- Welcome Dr. Doug Hall, Saint John Postgraduate Site Director
- Welcome Dr. Katherine Stringer, Department Head, Dalhousie Family Medicine
- Primary Care Research Making A Difference