News» Go to news main
Another Successful Faculty Development Workshop
Dr. Cathy Cervin delivers plenary sesson during the 2018 Faculty Development Workshop
More than 50 of Dalhousie Family Medicine's community teachers gathered at Whitepoint Beach Resort in Whitepoint, Nova Scotia on June 8th to 10th, 2018.
The theme of the weekend was grounded in physician wellness with workshops focussing on navigating and teaching boundaries in family medicine, preceptor resilliance, and remediation and wellness, among others.
Keeping with wellness and striving for a healthy work/life balance, many chose to bring along their families to enjoy the sun, salt air and views of the gorgeous Nova Scotia coastline. With organized activities for kids and adults, it was truly a family focussed weekend. The bonfire and bbq Saturday evening was a great success bringing everyone together for a casual evening outdoors.
Saturday Evening BBQ attended by faculty and their families (Nick Pearce)
Friday evening was spent celebrating Dalhousie Faculty of Medicine's 150th anniversary with a keynote address from the Dean, Dr. Andersen.
The next full department workshop is scheduled for 2020 with smaller provincial workshops being held around the Maritimes in 2018/2019. Stay tuned for dates and locations of upcoming events.
For more information on the workshop or our faculty development program, please visit our site at dfmfacdev.ca
- NS Practice Ready Assessment
- NS Minister of Health announces new family medicine teaching site in North Nova
- Care By Design Delivers Successful Results
- Graduation Event at Southwest Nova Site
- Dalhousie Family Medicine Researchers are co‑PIs on THREE successful Programmatic Grants funded for over $2 million each!
- Dalhousie Medical School's first assistant dean of resident affairs.
- Another Successful Faculty Development Workshop
- Drs. Langley and MacKillop honoured with the Dr. Robert Baillie award