Song F. Lee
Phone: 902-470-7522 or 902-494-8799
3rd floor Dr. Goldbloom RCC Pavilion
5980 University Ave
Halifax Nova Scotia Canada B3K 6R8
- Disulfide bond formation
- Oral bacteria
- Bacterial pathogenesis
- Live bacterial vaccines
- Natural products
Postdoctoral Training, Florida, Guelph
The primary research interests are in the use of commensal bacteria as live oral vaccine vehicles, host-bacteria interactions, and bacterial physiology. Other interests include pathogenesis of and immunity to oral bacteria.
- Davey, L., C. Ng, S.A. Halperin, and S.F. Lee. 2013. Functional analysis of paralogous thiol-disulfide oxidoreductases in Streptococcus gordonii. J. Biol. Chem. July Issue.
- Andrian, E., G. Qi, J. Wang., S.A. Halperin, and S.F. Lee. 2012. Role of surface proteins SspA and SspB of Streptococcus gordonii in innate immunity. Microbioloy. 158:2099-2106.
- Lee, S.F. 2003. Oral colonization and immune responses to Streptococcus gordonii: potential use as a vector to induce antibody against respiratory pathogens. Cur. Opinion Infect. Dis. 16:231-235.
MICI 3119: Physiology of the prokaryotic cell
MICI 1200: Introduction to General and Oral Microbiology
DENT 1118: Infectious disease
DENT 3000: Basic Sciences for Dentistry
PERI 5100: Basic Sciences for Graduate Dentistry
Other interests and achievements
- Cancer Letters Editorial Board Member
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation-Atlantic Region Board of Directors Member