Application Process and Deadlines
April 1, 2020 at 4:00 pm (Atlantic Standard Time): The deadline for new and renewal applications for Research Fellowship, PhD Vision Science, MSc Vision Science MSc Clinical Vision Science and Concurent Masters/Ophthalmology Residency.
February 18, 2020 at 4 p.m. (Atlantic Standard Time): The deadline for Undergraduate Scholarship Applications.
Effective October 2019, we have updated the requirements for renewal applications. Please make careful note of the following requirements in order for submit a complete application:
All applications (both new and renewal) should include the following:
- Application Checklist
- Completed Common Application Form [pdf 206kb]
- Research Proposal
- Lay Summary
- Copy of academic transcripts
- Letter of support from proposed supervisor submitted directly from the referee to the Research Manager at email@example.com.
- Supervisor CV: CIHR Project Biosketch Common CV format
- Applicant CV
- Fellowship Applicants: CIHR Project Biosketch Common CV format
- PhD, Masters, and Undergrad Applicants: 2-page maximum CV
Renewal applications must also include:
- Research Progress Report
Fellowship applications must also include:
- Letter from applicant describing his/her expectations of what will be gained through this training experience and how this training will support and encourage his/her expected contributions to ongoing research undertaken in the Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University.
- One additional letter of reference. This must be a confidential letter submitted directly from the referee to the Research Manager electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit one PDF copy of the complete application to the Research Manager at email@example.com by 4:00 pm (AST) on the deadline date that corresponds to your application.
- Please submit the original hard copy of the application to:
Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
2035—2 West Victoria Building
Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre
1276 South Park Street
Attn: Research Manager
If you have any additional questions about the application and selection processes, please contact Dr. Andrea Titterness at Ophthalmology.Research@dal.ca.
Written requests may be sent to:
Dr. Andrea Titterness
Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Science
QEII Health Sciences Centre
2035-2 West Victoria Building
1276 South Park Street
Halifax, NS B3H 2Y9