Foundation Glaucoma Scholar
2W Victoria, Room 2035
Halifax, NS, B3H 2Y9
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Optic Nerve
- Visual Field
- MD - University of São Paulo
- Residency - University of São Paulo
- PDF - Dalhousie University
My research focuses on optimizing the use of optical coherence tomography and visual field examinations to understand, diagnose and manage glaucoma.
My favourite data analysis tools are R (www.r-project.org) and RStudio (www.rstudio.com). R is incredibly powerful but may be difficult to learn at the beginning. I appreciate the support of DataCamp (www.datacamp.com), which provides great resources to help students learn R easier and faster.
- Importance of Normal Aging in Estimating the Rate of Glaucomatous Neuroretinal Rim and Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Loss.Vianna JR, Danthurebandara VM, Sharpe GP, Hutchison DM, Belliveau AC, Shuba LM, Nicolela MT, Chauhan BC. Ophthalmology. 2015; 122(12):2392-8
- Beta and Gamma Peripapillary Atrophy in Myopic Eyes With and Without Glaucoma. Vianna JR, Malik R, Danthurebandara VM, Sharpe GP, Belliveau AC, Shuba LM, Chauhan BC, Nicolela MT. Investigative ophthalmology & visual science 2016; 57(7):3103-11.
- How to detect progression in glaucoma. Vianna JR, Chauhan BC. Progress in brain research. 2015; 221:135-58.
Selected awards and honours
- Annual Translational Science Research Award for Best Paper Published in 2015 for Translational Research in Glaucoma - Canadian Glaucoma Society President, Glaucoma Research Society