Application Process ‑ Master's Program
If you’ve satisfied our admission requirements and you’re interested in a future career in pharmacology, then you’re ready to apply. Just complete the following steps:
Step 1: Find a potential supervisor from our faculty members who will be able to sponsor your graduate application to the Department of Pharmacology. This is essential for your application to be considered.
Step 3: Gather the following supporting documents:
- personal statement: Describe in a brief document your educational and/or professional experience (including publications, awards and relevant employment), your graduate program goals and your reasons for wanting to attend Dalhousie. Explain any gaps or deficiencies in your academic record, or any other factors you with to have taken into account.
- research statement: If you are applying for a degree program requiring a thesis, attach an additional page outlining your general area of research interest. Write no more than one page. This does not commit you to a thesis topic, but will be used by the university to assess your application.
- all post-secondary academic transcripts
- academic reference letters (a minimum of two)
- TOEFL score (international students)
Step 4: Mail all supporting documentation to:
Department of Pharmacology
Faculty of Medicine
5850 College Street
P.O. Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Step 5: Meet the deadline. If you’re a Canadian student, your deadline is June 1. If you’re an international student, we need your application and supporting documentation by January 1. The early deadline has been established so that you have time to obtain any necessary visas.