- Pharmacokinetic modeling
- Drug interactions
- Membrane transport
- Transport kinetics
- Protein structure and function
- BSc (University of Massachusetts)
- MSc (University of Massachusetts)
- PhD (University of Connecticut)
Selected awards and honours
- 2013: Simcyp Most Innovative Teaching Award, Simcyp Limited, Sheffield, UK
- 2006: NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award
- 2005: Research Recognition Award, American Physiological Society
- 2004: Scholander Award, American Physiological Society
- Lee J and Pelis RM. Drug transport by the blood-aqueous humor barrier of the eye. Drug Metab Dispos, 2016.
- Hotchkiss A, Berrigan L and Pelis RM. Organic anion transporter 2 transcript variant 1 shows broad selectivity when expressed in multiple cell lines. Front in Pharmacol 6:216, 2015.
- Hotchkiss A, Gao T, Khan U, Berrigan L, Li M, Ingraham L and Pelis RM. Organic anion transporter 1 is inhibited by multiple mechanisms and shows a transport mode independent of of exchange. Drug Metab Dispos 43:1847-54, 2015.
- Lee J, Shahidullah M, Hotchkiss A, Coca-Prados M, Delamere NA and Pelis RM. A renal-like organic anion transport system in the ciliary epithelium of the eye.Mol Pharmacol87: 697-705, 2015.
- Ingraham L, Li M, Renfro JL, Parker S, Vapurcuyan A, Hanna Iand Pelis RM. A plasma concentration ofa-ketoglutarateinfluences the kinetic interaction of ligands with OAT1.Mol Pharmacol86: 86-95, 2014.