Dr. Jai Shankar, MD
- Prinicipal investigator, Canadian SILK Registry
- Site principal investigator, MARCO POLO trial, ESCAPE trial, HEAT trial
His main areas of interest have driven Dr. Shankar to play a key role in a number of new initiatives, among them: intra-arterial stroke treatment using stent-retriever mechanical thrombolysis; weekly stroke and interesting case rounds; CT perfusion imaging for acute stroke; MR perfusion imaging for brain tumors; percutaneous chemotherapeutic treatment for facial venous vascular malformation using Bleomycin; and setting up the acute stroke code protocols.
- Fellowship in interventional neuroradiology, Toronto Western Hospital
- Fellowship in interventional neuroradiology, The Ottawa Hospital
- Fellowship in neuroradiology, The Ottawa Hospital
- MSc (neurovascular disease), Paris and Mahidol
- DM (neuroradiology), NIMHANS, Bangalore, India
- MD (radiodiagnosis), DCMH, Lahariasarai, India
- MBBS, RIMS, Ranchi, India
Dr. Jai Shankar began his teaching career at the Queen Elizabeth II Hospital (Department of Diagnostic Imaging) in 2010. Since his arrival at the QEII, he quickly distinguished himself as a leader in the neuroradiology section and is responsible for a number of new interventional efforts.