Stories» Go to news main
Dr. Costa publishes paper on Collagenous colitis
Dr. Andreu Costa contributed to a case report on, "Spontaneous colonic perforation: a rare complication of collagenous colitis".
Collagenous colitis is a clinicopathologic syndrome characterized by chronic watery diarrhea and unique histopathologic features. Spontaneous colonic perforation in the setting of collagenous colitis is a highly unusual complication, with only three cases reported in the literature to date. We present a fourth case and propose a potential pathologic mechanism for acute colonic perforation in this patient population.
The full paper can be found at Springer Link.
- RRF studentship application deadline Feb 3rd
- Looking for research pitches
- CSTR 2020 – Focus on Lung Screening
- Department Head Update
- Congrats Dr. Mata‑Mbemba
- Psychotic symptoms are associated with lower cortical folding in youth at risk for mental illness
- Experience with compressed gelfoam plugs in children during liver biopsies and other IR procedures: a retrospective single‑center case series
- Dr. Efford new Modality Lead for CT
comments powered by Disqus