Stories» Go to news main
Dr. Costa published on Hypatic Duct Cyst
Dr. Andreu Costa's latest publication in the International Journal of Surgical Pathology has just been published. The paper is, "Ciliated Foregut Cyst of the Common Hepatic Duct: An Unusual Mimic of a Type II Choledochal Cyst".
Ciliated foregut cysts typically arise in the liver and pancreas, with rare cases reported to arise in the gallbladder wall. Herein, we describe an unusual case of a patient with a ciliated foregut cyst arising from the wall of the common hepatic duct, which has not been reported previously. As a result of its unique anatomical location, the cyst was mistaken for a type II choledochal cyst on preoperative imaging. The cyst caused intermittent biliary obstruction that resolved following surgical resection.
The abstract can be found on PubMed.
- Research Director
- RRF studentship application deadline Feb 3rd
- Looking for research pitches
- CSTR 2020 – Focus on Lung Screening
- Department Head Update
- Congrats Dr. Mata‑Mbemba
- Psychotic symptoms are associated with lower cortical folding in youth at risk for mental illness
- Experience with compressed gelfoam plugs in children during liver biopsies and other IR procedures: a retrospective single‑center case series
comments powered by Disqus