Congratulations to Vicki Sorhaindo, Manager, Interventional Radiology, Dr. Jai Shankar, and researcher Jillian Banfield who have been awarded several grants for their research. The volume of work was conducted by Jillian Banfield and Dr. Shankar would like to thank Jillian for everything she did for the projects. Her successful achievements have been a catalyst for increasing the volume of work produced by Dr. Shankar.
TRIC (Translating Research into Care) grant
$ 60 000 for “Implementation of CT perfusion as the ancillary test of choice for neurological determination of death in intensive care units: Prospective evaluation”.
Education grant, MicroVention Inc.
$ 50 000 USD
Leverage grant, Nova Scotia Health Authority Research Foundation grant
$15 000 for “Computed tomography perfusion in determination of brainstem death in patients with severe head injury at the time of their hospital presentation - A pilot study”
$15 000 for “Transverse Venous Sinus Stenosis on Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients with Indiopathic Intracranial Hypertension: A Pilot Study.”
Intramural grant, Radiology Research Foundation, Dalhousie University
$10 000 for “Transverse Venous Sinus Stenosis on Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Patients with Indiopathic Intracranial Hypertension: A Pilot Study.”
- Research Director
- RRF studentship application deadline Feb 3rd
- Looking for research pitches
- CSTR 2020 – Focus on Lung Screening
- Department Head Update
- Congrats Dr. Mata‑Mbemba
- Psychotic symptoms are associated with lower cortical folding in youth at risk for mental illness
- Experience with compressed gelfoam plugs in children during liver biopsies and other IR procedures: a retrospective single‑center case series
comments powered by Disqus