All fourth year graduating students in the Undergraduate Medical Education program who completed the RIM Unit.
This award is to reward excellence and impact in research performed by medical students in completing the RIM Unit at Dalhousie University. Applicants will be judged on the basis of scientific merit and research impact.
Candidates must be nominated through their Unit Director. Students and mentors can request that the Unit Director nominate them and complete the application package, as outlined below.
Students and mentors can contact the Unit Director, or the RIM Office, to request a nomination. Any students who are contacted by their Unit Director for nomination are not obligated to follow through with the process.
To be considered for this award, students must submit the application package as a single PDF document to the designated dropbox on the RIM Brightspace Page.
1. Two-page summary of RIM research project and any related knowledge translation
2. Complete list of papers/reports (published, in-press, submitted) and/or presentations from your RIM project - identify the output that you feel is most important and why
3. Reference from the RIM Mentor
Applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee of the Faculty of Medicine Research Advisory Committee and chaired by the Associate Dean (Research).
Deadline - March 1
Suggested criteria for consideration by the committee:
· Originality and significance of nominee’s research, including quality of publication(s) and presentation(s), and/or research knowledge dissemination/exchange
· Evidence of impact of nominee’s research within and/or beyond the academic community;
· Nominee’s ability and commitment to communicate research results both within and/or beyond the academic community.