General guidelines for access and use of the CMDI Facility
The following guidelines are to ensure efficient and equitable safe use of the equipment.
- Access to the facility will be made availabe Dalhousie users via DalCard. General access is restricted to regular operating hours, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. After-hours access may be accomodated for experienced users at the discretion of CMDI facility staff.
- Equipment is available by appointment on a “first come” basis. Bookings may be made up to 14 days in advance by logging on to the calendar. The maximum duration of a single appointment is 4 hours. Multiple appointments are permitted, provided they do not restrict access to equipment by other users.
- CMDI facility staff review all appointments and reserve the right to adjust appointment schedules if needed. Users will be contacted if their appointment needs to be adjusted.
- Individuals who do not show up within 30 minutes of their appointment start time will forfeit the appoitnment.
- Individuals who do not cancel their appointment and do not show up may be charged for the missed appointment.
- Individuals are responsible for logging their actual time using the instruments for billing purposes. If actual time is not logged, the full apointment time will be billed.
- All individuals must be trained or evaluated on the equipment by CMDI staff before the individual may use the equipment without supervision.
- Equipment problems or any suspected damage must be reported immediately to CMDI facility staff.