- BA (Brown University)
- MD (Brown University)
Dr. Neumann was clinically trained in anatomical pathology and neuropathology. Most of his research publications have been in mouse neurogenetics and molecular human genetics. He currently works on the history and revision of anatomical nomenclature (e.g., Annals of Anatomy 2014; 196S1:16).
- Thomas K, Musci T, Neumann PE , Capecchi M. Swaying is a mutant allele of the proto-oncogene, Wnt-1. Cell 1991; 67:969-976.
- Neumann PE, Frankel WN, Letts VA, Coffin JM, Copp AJ, Bernfield M. Multifactorial inheritance of neural tube defects: Localization of the major gene and recognition of modifiers in ct mutant mice. Nature Genetics 1994; 6:357- 362.
- Welker E, Armstrong-James M, Bronchti G, Ourednik W, Baechler F, Dubois R, Guernsey DL, Van der Loos H, Neumann PE. Altered sensory processing in somatosensory cortex of the mouse mutant barrelless . Science 1996; 271:1864- 1867.
- Abdel-Majid RM, Leong WL, Schalkwyk LC, Smallman DS, Wong ST , Storm DR, Fine A, Dobson MJ, Guernsey DL, Neumann PE . Loss of adenylyl cyclase I activity disrupts patterning of mouse somatosensory cortex. Nature Genetics 1998; 19:289-291.
- Watson RF, Abdel-Majid RM, Barnett MW, Willis BS, Katsnelson A, Gillingwater TH, McKnight GS, Kind PC, Neumann PE. Involvement of protein kinase A in patterning of the mouse somatosensory cortex. J Neurosci 2006; 26:5393-5401.
Selected awards and honours
- Stiftung Pfizer Forschungs-Preis (for Neuroscience and Diseases of Nervous System), 1998
- Deputy Secretary of FIPAT (Programme in Anatomical Terminology of International Federation of Associations of Anatomists), elected 2014