- G protein coupled receptor
- BSc (Université de Sherbrooke)
- PhD (Université de Sherbrooke)
- PDF (Montreal Heart Institute/McGill University)
In our lab, we study how G protein coupled receptors are involved in diseases like cancer or heart diseases. Many different therapies block GPCRs signaling at the cell surface but sometimes cause side effects. Our goal is to understand how the receptors get expressed to the cell surface where they cause the disease. We identify new ways to block receptor expression, trafficking or assembly with specific proteins to regulate how GPCRs function and participate in diseases. One of our goals is to identify new targets to block cancer metastasis.
- Shin K, Chapman NA, Sarker M, Kenward CA, Huang SK, Weatherbee-Martin N, Pandey A, Dupré DJ, Rainey JK. Bioactivity of the putative apelin proprotein expands the repertoire of apelin receptor ligands. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017, August; 1861(8):1901–1912.
- Young B, Nguyen E, Chedrawe M, Rainey JK, Dupré DJ: Differential Contribution of Transmembrane Domains IV, V, VI, and VII to Human Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor Homomer Formation. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2017 Feb 24;292(8):3341-3350.
- Young B, Purcell C, Kuang YQ, Charette N, Dupré DJ Superoxide Dismutase 1 Regulation of CXCR4-Mediated Signaling in Prostate Cancer Cells is Dependent on Cellular Oxidative State Cell Physiology and Biochemistry 2015;37:2071-2084.
- Gillies K, Wertman J, Charette N, Dupré DJ, Anterograde trafficking of CXCR4 and CCR2 homo and heterodimers in a prostate cancer cell line. Cell Physiology and Biochemistry, 2013 Jul 5;32(1):74-85.
- Kuang YQ, Charette N, Frazer J, Holland PJ, Attwood KM, Dellaire G, Dupré DJ, Dopamine receptor interacting protein 78 acts as a molecular chaperone for chemokine receptors signaling complex organization. PLoS ONE 2012 7(7): e40522
- Kuang YQ, Pang W, Zheng YT, Dupré DJ: NHERF1 regulates gp120-induced internalization and signaling by CCR5, and HIV-1 production. European Journal of Immunology, 2012 Feb;42(2):299-310
- Charette N, Holland P, Frazer J, Allen H, Dupré DJ: Dependence on Different Rab GTPases for the Trafficking of CXCR4 and CCR5 Homo or Heterodimers Between the Endoplasmic Reticulum and Plasma Membrane in Jurkat Cells. Cellular Signalling (2011) 23, 1738–1749.
- Hammad MM, Kuang YQ, Yan R, Allen H, Dupré DJ. NA+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor-1 is involved in chemokine receptor homodimer CCR5 internalization and signal transduction, but does not affect CXCR4 homodimer or CXCR4-CCR5 heterodimer. J Biol Chem. 2010 Nov 5; 285(45):34653–34664.
Selected awards and honours
- CIHR New Investigator Award
- DMRF New Investigator Award