A well-rounded experience
With our engaged teaching staff, excellent undergraduate courses, strong clinical research program and mentor-based rotations, you’ll find plenty of opportunity for experience and support in Dalhousie’s Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
In addition to the exposure you’ll gain from working with a high volume of clients at three different hospitals, you’ll also have the opportunity to pursue both community and international learning experiences. This includes the chance assist on a two-week field mission with Operation Smile, a program that supports cleft lip and palate surgery in developing countries.
What do we offer?
- a five-year residency program
- undergraduate electives
- medical school clerkships
- a grand rounds conference series and special lecture series
- an annual review course for recent residents and new faculty entering the field
- occasional lectures and presentations presented to doctors and others in the regional community