- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Hand surgery
- Medical and surgical education
- Active staff: QEII Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Consultant staff: IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Assistant professor
- Director, plastic surgery residency program
- BSc (University of British Columbia)
- PDPP Education (University of Victoria)
- MD (University of British Columbia)
- Plastic surgery residency (Dalhousie University)
- Hand & peripheral nerve fellowship (Washington University – St.Louis)
Dr. Tang's research interests include clinical research in hand & peripheral nerve surgery and more recently in medical/surgical education. In particular, Dr. Tang is investigating curriculum design and assessment in surgical education.
- Nerve Transfers in the Upper Extremity . Tang DT, Yee A, Mackinnon SE. Orthopaedic Knowledge Online. 2012; 10(4).
- Nerve Entrapment: CME Update . Tang DT, Barbour JR, Davidge KM, Yee A, Mackinnon SE. accepted for publication in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.