Richard Bendor-Samuel, MD, FRCSC
- Breast surgery
- Craniomaxillofacial surgery
- Burn surgery
- Aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery
- Skin cancer surgery
- Capital Health
- IWK / Grace
- BSc (University of Manitoba)
- MD (University of Manitoba)
- Plastic Surgery Residency (University of Manitoba)
- Craniomaxillofacial Fellowship (Taipei, Taiwan)
- Cleft lip and Palate Fellowship (Taipei, Taiwan)
Dr. Bendor-Samuel relocated to Halifax from Winnipeg in 1999. Prior to arriving in Halifax, he was the Burn Unit Director at both Adult and Children’s Firefighter Burn Units in Manitoba and the Director of the Cranifacial Program at Winnipeg’s Children’s Hospital.
- Arneja JS, Hayakawa TE, Singh GB, Murray KA, Turner RB, Ross LL, Bendor-Samuel RL., Axillary hyperhidrosis: a 5 year review of treatment efficacy and recurrence rates using a new arthroscopic shaver technique-Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Feb;119(2):562-7.
- Miller,Brian J., Morris,S. F., Sigurdson, L., Bendor-Samuel, R.L., Brennan,M., Davis, G., Paletz,. J. Prospective Study of Outcomes after Reduction Mammaplasty-Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, April 1, 2005, volume 115, No 4.
- Tung, C. T., Bendor-Samuel, R. L. and Chen, Y. R. Complications of the Le Fort I Osteotomy: A Retrospective Review of 146 Patients. The Chang Gung Medical Journal, vol.18, no.2, June, 1995.
- Chen, Y. R., Bendor-Samuel, R. L. and Huang, S. Hemimandibular Hyperplasia. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 97,no.4, April 1996.
- Chen PK, Noordhoff MS, Chen YR, Bendor-Samuel R. Augmentation of the free border of the lip in cleft lip patients using temporoparietal fascia.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995 Apr;95(5):781-8; discussion 789.
- Executive board member, Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (Parlementarian)
- Director, Landings Surgical Centre