Dal Alert!

Receive alerts from Dalhousie by text message.


For Current Students

Student Affairs Office
The Student Affairs team supports and encourages students through each stage of their progress towards academic success, promotes healthy approaches to study and extracurricular life, and facilitates exploration and choice of careers.

HOPES Health Centre
HOPES (Halifax Outreach Prevention Education Support) is a student led initiative with the objective of establishing an interprofessional community health clinic for marginalized populations at St. Andrew's Church Sunday Supper. Read more [PDF - 471.37KB].

SAWL’s – Student Affairs & Wellness Liaisons for peer support

Dalhousie Counselling Services
The Counselling and Psychological Services offices and its Frank G. Lawson Career Information Centre are located on the 4th Floor of the Student Union Building. In addition to regular office hours, the Centre is open three evenings a week during the academic year. Inquire or make appointments by dropping in or calling 494-2081.

Family Physicians
Contact the Student Advisor
for more information.

Clinical Psychologists in Metro Halifax
Contact the Student Advisor for more information.

Dalhousie Sexual Harrassment Advisor
If you believe you are being sexually harassed at Dalhousie you are encouraged to discuss your questions or concerns with the Sexual Harassment Advisor, Room #3, Basement of the Arts and Administration Building, 494-1137. Advice and information about the policy and possible options are available.

Study/Work International Fund, International Centre
Established by Dalhousie University as part of the Student Assistance Program, SWIF provides financial assistance to Dalhousie and King's students who want to take part in an international placement.

Legal Aid and Referrals
The Faculty of Law operates a Legal Aid Clinic intended for low-income clients who may experience problems in the areas of landlord-tenant evictions and living conditions, social assistance appeals and family law. Legal services are provided to eligible individuals and groups from the Halifax/Dartmouth area and are delivered by senior law students, faculty members, staff lawyers and community legal workers. If you encounter difficulty during the year and need legal assistance, telephone for an appointment at 423-8105.

Financial Aid
Contact the Student Advisor for more information.

Dalhousie Ombudsperson
The Dalhousie Ombudsperson's Office is located in the Student Union Building, Room 442.Regular office hours are posted on the door at the beginning of each Semester. The Ombudsperson's Office can also be reached by calling 494-6583. If no one is available to take a call, a message may be left on voice mail.

Dalhousie Chaplaincy Office
The Dalhousie Chaplaincy Office offers confidential counselling on personal and spiritual issues and provides opportunities for prayer and worship, retreats, workshops, lectures, and social activities. The office is located in room 437 on the fourth floor of the Student Union building, or you can call 494-2287. In emergencies, contact the Information Desk in SUB at 494-2140.

Dalhousie Women's Centre
Provides a drop-in space, resource library and women-positive activities. Call 494-2432.

Students With Disabilities
Provides advocacy for students with disabilities on campus and arranges academic accommodations, as needed. Call 494-2836, or 494-7091 (TTY).

Black Student Advising Centre
Provides advocacy for and assistance to black students on campus; also houses a small resource/study room. Call 494-6648.

Native Counselling Unit
Provides counselling to Native students on a wide variety of issues. Call 494-8863.

The Dalhousie Association of Queer Students . Provides support and social activities for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered individuals. Call 494-1256.