Ata-ur-Rehman Quraishi, MBBS, FCPS, FACC
Division head / service chief, Professor
Effective September 1, 2017, Dr. Ata Quraishi is the Division head / service chief for the Division of Cardiology.
Dr. Quraishi has been a member of the Division of Cardiology since 2003 and is a Professor in the Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University. He did his residency and cardiology fellowship at the Aga Khan University in Karachi, Pakistan and his interventional cardiology fellowship at Dalhousie University.
Dr. Quraishi is a supervisor for Med 1 and Med 2 elective students, and does clinical and bedside teaching for medical students at the Halifax Infirmary. He has been a tutor for the second year medical students at Dalhousie in the Clinical Oriented Problem Stimulated (COPS) curriculum for the respiratory and cardiovascular unit and the population health unit.
Dr. Quraishi is
- member of the Expert Advisory Committee for Canadian Institute for Health Information,
- chair of the PCI Quality indicators Development Committee for the Canadian Cardiovascular Society,
- Atlantic representative at the Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology Executive Committee, and
- track captain for the Interventional Cardiology Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
Within the Central Zone, Department of Medicine, Dr. Quraishi is
- chair of the Practice Plan Committee,
- chair of the Financial Management Committee,
- member of the Executive Committee of the Department of Medicine, and
- director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at the Halifax Infirmary within the QEII Health Sciences Centre.