5850 College Street, Rm 7-B
PO Box 15000
Halifax Nova Scotia B3H 4R2
- Microbial Pathogenesis
- Dengue Virus
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Vaccine Development
BA/BSc: McGill University, Montreal, Canada
PhD: University of Cologne, Germany
Postdoctoral Training: University of Ottawa, Canada
Dr. Anderson’s research interests focus on vaccine design and mechanisms of pathogenesis of respiratory and hemorrhagic viruses. Much of this research involves international collaborations with institutions in Taiwan and Thailand, thereby also providing opportunities for teaching and student exchange.
For a full list of Dr. Anderson's publications, click here.
- Chu, Y.-T., Wan, S.-W., Chang, Y.-C., Lee, C.-K., Wu-Hsieh, B.A., Anderson, R and Lin, Y.-S. Antibodies against nonstructural protein 1 protect mice from dengue virus-induced mast cell activation. Lab Invest. (in press).
- Zainal, N., Chang, C.-P., Cheng, Y.-L., Wu, Y.-W., Anderson, R., Wan, S.-W., Chen, C.-L., Ho, T.-S., AbuBakar, S. and Lin, Y.-S. Resveratrol treatment reveals a novel role for HMGB1 in regulation of the type 1 interferon response in dengue virus infection. Scientific Reports (in press).
- Chen, Y.-D., Fang, Y.-T., Chang, C.-P., Lin, C.-F., Hsu, L.-J. Anderson, R. and Lin, Y.-S. S100A10 regulates ULK1 localization to endoplasmic reticulum-mitochondria contact sites in IFN-g-triggered autophagy. J. Mol. Biol. 429, 142-157.
- Wan, S.-W., Yang, Y.-W., Lin, C.-F., Chang, C.-P., Yeh, T.-M., Anderson, R. and Lin, Y.-S.  Anti-dengue nonstructural protein 1 antibodies contribute to platelet phagocytosis by macrophages. Thrombosis and Hemostasis 115, 646
- Chu, Y.-T., Wan, S.-W., Anderson, R. and Lin, Y.-S.  Mast cell-macrophage dynamics in modulation of dengue virus infection in skin. Immunology 146, 163-172.
Selected awards and honours
- 2010 John Savage Memorial Award for Global Health
- 2007 National Science Council of Taiwan Visiting Professorship
- 1993 Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation Associateship
- 1984 Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research Scholarship
Other Interests and Achievements
- Global Health research, teaching and academic exchange
- Interests in human culture and languages