Room K8418, 8th floor
5850 University Avenue
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3K 6R8
- Microbial Pathogenesis
- Cancer Biology
- Signal Transduction
BA/BSc (First Military Medical University in Guangzhou, China)
MA/MSc (First Military Medical University in Guangzhou, China)
PhD (Chinese Academy of Medical Science. Beijing, China)
Postdoctoral Training (University of Alberta, Duke University, Dalhousie University)
Professor Lin’s research interests include signaling mechanisms in allergy, host defense mechanisms against bacterial infection, and immune response in cancer development. His work is interdisciplinary, collaborative and geared both to contributing to the academic literature and to developing immunological therapeutic approaches in inflammation.
- Yang Y.J., W. Chen, A. Edgar, B. Li, J.D. Molkentin, J.N. Berman, and T.J. Lin. Rcan1 negatively regulates FceRI-mediated signalling and mast cell function. J. Exp. Med. 2009; 206:195-207.
- Wu ZL, Y Li, A.J. MacNeil, RD Junkins, J Berman and T.J. Lin. Calcineurin-Rcan1 interaction contributes to stem cell factor-mediated mast cell activation. J. Immunol. 2013, Dec 15; 191(12):5885-5894.
- Junkins R.D, A.J. MacNeil, Z.L. Wu, C. McCormick and T.J. Lin. Regulator of calcineurin 1 suppresses inflammation during respiratory tract infections. J. Immunol. 2013, May 15; 190(10):5178-5186.
- MacNeil AJ, SC Jiao, LA McEachern, YJ Yang, A Dennis, H Yu, Z Xu, JS Marshall and T.J. Lin. MAPK kinase 3 is a tumor suppressor with reduced copy number in breast cancer. Cancer Research 2014, Jan 1; 74(1):1-11.
Selected awards and honours
- Investigatorship awarded by IWK Health Centre, Halifax NS, Canada. (A 8-years salary award, Jul 1, 2000 – Jun 31, 2008. Total $640,000).
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Investigator Award (A 5-years salary award, Jul 2003 – Jun 2008, total $300,000). Awarded by Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
- Award of Excellence in Medical Research (Basic Science, $7,000). Awarded by the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation, Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, Canada (May 5th, 2004).
- Canadian Society of Immunology (CSI) New Investigator Award. Awarded by CSI on March 15-18, 2007. Lake Louis, AB, Canada. (CSI presents one award in this category each year at its annual meeting).