Andrew Warren, MD, MSc
Division of Cardiology, Professor
IWK Children's Heart Centre
2nd Floor, Children's site
5850/5980 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada, B3K 6R8
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Heart murmurs
- Congenital heart disease bicuspid aortic valve, echocardiography
- Medical education
- BMedSci (Memorial University)
- MD (Memorial University)
- MSc (Memorial University)
- FRCPC (pediatrics) (Memorial University)
- FRCPC (pediatric cardiology) (Dalhousie and University of Toronto)
- Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University
- Pediatric cardiologist, IWK Health Centre
- Division member, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, IWK Health Centre
- Associate dean, Postgraduate Medical Education, Dalhousie Medical School
Dr. Warren’s research interests include the epidemiology of congenital heart disease, the cost-effectiveness of care for pediatric patients presenting with cardiac problems, bicuspid aortic valve in children and topics in postgraduate medical education.
- Caddell AJ, Wong KK, Barker A, Warren AE. Trends in pediatric cardiology referrals, testing, and satisfaction at a Canadian tertiary centre. Can J Card 2015 Jan; 31(1): 95-8.
- Warren AE, Allen VM, Bergin F, Hazelton L, Reid L, Alexiadis-Brown P, Lightfoot K, McSweeney J, Singleton JF, Sargeant J, Mann K. Understanding, teaching and assessing the elements of the CanMEDS professional role: Canadian Program Directors’ views. Medical Teacher 2014 (May); 36(5): 390-402.
- Yamada DC, Porter AA, Conway JL, LeBlanc JC, Shea SE, Hancock Friesen CL, Warren AE. Early repair of congenital heart disease associated with increased rate of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms. Can J Card 2013 (Dec); 29(12):1623-1628.
- Warren AE, Hamilton RM, Belanger SA, Gray C, Gow RM, Sanatani S, Cote J-M, Lougheed J, LeBlanc J, Martin S, Miles B, Mitchell C, Gorman DA, Weiss M, Schachar R: Cardiac risk assessment before the use of stimulant medications in children and youth: A joint position statement by the Canadian Pediatric
- Warren AE, Boyd ML, O’Connell C, Dodds L: Dilation of the ascending aorta in pediatric patients with bicuspid valve: Frequency, rate of progression and risk factors. Heart 2006;92:1496-1500.Society, the Canadian Cardiovascular Society and the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Canadian Journal of Cardiology 2009;25(11):625-630.