Walid El-Naggar, MD, FRCPC
Division of Perinatal-Neonatal Medicine, Professor
IWK Health Centre
PO Box 9700
5850-5980 University Ave.
Halifax, NS B3K 6R8
- Neonatal Hemodynamics
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Placental Transfusion
- Neonatal Thrombosis
- FRCPC (Pediatrics & Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine)
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship (University of Toronto)
- Pediatric Echocardiography (Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto)
- Arab Board of Pediatrics (King Faisal University)
- Saudi Board of Pediatrics (King Faisal University)
- Master Degree of Pediatrics (Ain-Shams University)
- M.B.B. Ch. (Cairo University)
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University
- Staff Neonatologist, Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, IWK Health Centre
Dr. Walid El-Naggar is an associate professor within the Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University. He is also the Director of the Targeted Neonatal Echocardiography Program and the Research Coordinator of the Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
Selected publications (last 4 years)
- Al Almudeer, Colleen O’Connell, Douglas McMillan, Walid El-Naggar. Do we need an intubation-skilled person at all high-risk deliveries? J Pediatr. 2016; 171:55-9.
- Breanna Clive, Gerard Corsten,Lynette Penney, Michiel Van denHof, Walid El-Naggar. Severe laryngeal stensosis in newly born twins with 22q11 deletion syndrome: a case report. J Neonatal Perinatal Med. 2016. Pubmed ahead of publication.
- Akinloye O, O’Connell C, Allen AC, El-Naggar W. Post-resuscitation Care for Neonates Receiving Positive Pressure Ventilation at Birth. Pediatrics 2014; 134: e1057-e106.
- Akinloye OW, Truong W, Giacomantonio M, Mateos D, El-Naggar W. Co-existence of Meconium Ileus with Duodenal Atresia and Trisomy 21 in a Newborn: A Case Report. J Perinatol. 2014;34(11):875-6.
- Haddad H, Lee KS, Higgins A, McMillan D, Price V, El-Naggar W. Routine Surveillance Ultrasounds for the Management of Central Venous Catheters in Neonates. J Pediatr. 2014; 34(11): 875-6.
- El-Naggar W, McNamara PJ. Delivery room resuscitation of preterm infants in Canada: current practice and views of neonatologists at level III centers. J Perinatol,2012; 32:491-7.
Memberships, services and activities
- International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR)
- Executive Committee of Canadian Neonatal Network (CNN)
- Executive Committee, Neonatal Resuscitation Program of Canadian Paediatric Society
- Science Subcommittee, Neonatal Resuscitation Program of Canadian Paediatric Society
- Canadian Targeted Neonatal Echocardiography Collaborative Group
- Atlantic Provinces Neonatal Resuscitation Program Advisory Committee