News & Events
Be informed and get involved
Whether you’re a student, resident or faculty member, there are plenty of opportunities for networking, learning and collaboration at Dalhousie. Make sure you stay up-to-date on everything that’s happening within your community by frequently checking our news and events.
2015 Faculty of Medicine Resident Research Day winners
The Department of Surgery is proud to announce its award winners at the recent Faculty of Medicine Annual Resident Research Day:
- Dr. David Wilson, Department of Surgery: Best Research Award for a senior resident (PGY3 or PGY4) who has incorporated research into their primary training program. Sponsor: Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation
- Dr. Phil Magown, Department of Surgery: Best Work in Fundamental Science. Sponsor: Dalhousie Medical Alumni Association
Highlights from the latest Surgical Update
- Congratulations to Dr. Porter, who was awarded the James IV Traveling Fellowship.
- Congratulations to Dr. Giacomantonio, who is retiring.
- Find out more details by reading the latest Surgical Update Newsletter from May 2015 [PDF - 2.4 MB].
Welcome to our new faculty members
- Dr. Weeks
- Dr. Gauthier
- Dr. Petley
- Dr. Rigby
- Dr. Kenyon
2015 Department of Surgery Research Day award winners
- 1st Place Overall Resident and winner of the Dr. Robert Stone Traveling Fellowship: Phil Magown – Neurosurgery
- 2nd Place Resident: Pejman Sadeghi – General Surgery
- 3rd Place Resident: Scott Hurton – General Surgery
- 1st Place Student: Basavaraj Shettar – Neuroscience
- 2nd Place Student: Sean Hurley – Ortho
- 3rd Place Student: Qianni Hu – Pathology