Halifax, NS, B3H 2Y9
- Male infertility
- MD (Dalhousie University)
- Internship (Royal Jubilee, Victoria, BC)
- Residency (Dalhousie University)
- Subspecialty Training in Male Infertility (Baylor Hospital, Houston, Texas)
- Deputy Chief of Urology (Dalhousie)
- Director of Clinical Clerkship Program (Department of Urology, Dalhousie)
Dr. Grantmyre is a native Haligonian. His medical school training was at Dalhousie and he then switched coasts and completing an internship at the Royal Jubilee in Victoria followed by a year of Family Practice before returning to a Urology residency at Dalhousie. He completed subspecialty training in Male Infertility at Baylor Hospital in Houston Texas focusing on techniques in microsurgical reconstruction and sperm retrieval. He has been active in Undergraduate and Clerkship medical education. He has served as the President of the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society and the Executive of the Canadian Urology Association. Dr. Grantmyre’s primary clinical and research interests are male infertility and andrology. Dr. Grantmyre is the Clerkship Coordinator for the Department.
- Hughes EG, Grantmyre JE, Zini A. An Integrated Approach to Male-Factor Subfertility: Bridging the Gap Between Fertility Specialists Trained in Urology and Gynaecology. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2015;37(3):258–265
- Abbass A, Grantmyre JE, Kay RL.Anxiety related to sexual abuse: A case of recurrent priapism. Can Urol Assoc J 2013;7:48-50.
- Grantmyre, J., Hutchinson, J., Organ, M. (2010). Burkholderia cepacia infection of the prostate caused by inoculation of contaminated ultrasound gel during transrectal biopsy of the prostate. Canadian Urological Association Journal . 4(3), 59.
- Grantmyre, J. (2010). CUA Guideline: The workup of azoospermic males. Canadian Urologic Association Journal, 4(3), 163.
- Carlson, W.H., Grantmyre, J. (2010). Complications of Vasectomy and the Incidence of Post-Vasectomy Pain. Canadian Urological Association Annual Meeting, Charlottetown, PEI.