Student Affairs & Wellness Liaisons (SAWLs)
- SAWLs are undergraduate medical students at Dalhousie who have been elected by their classmates at both the Halifax and Saint John campuses;
- Two each at the Halifax and Saint John campuses in the Med1 to Med4 classes.
- The mission of SAWLs is really in the name, serving as a liaison for medical students to support their wellness and to the Student Affairs Office at Dalhousie Medical School;
- Liaison meaning communication or cooperation which facilitates a close working relationship between people or organizations. Through a wellness lens, SAWLs serve as a support for peers who are experiencing academic and personal challenges, directly communicating with the Student Affairs Office at their respective campuses and directing fellow students to professional resources.
- In addition, SAWLs promote medical student well-being through the organization and promotion of activities and discussions with a wellness perspective.
Contact Your Student Rep