A vibrant and productive research environment
The Department of Anesthesia, Pain Management & Perioperative Medicine fosters a strong, dynamic, growing and inclusive research program by
- supporting the research interests of faculty, residents and medical students from the development of research ideas through funding submissions
- implementing policy and program initiatives, such as our Academic Profile, formalized internal funding program and perioperative research using Big Data approaches
Core areas of research
Core areas of research in our department include bench, translational and clinical research, with emphasis on pain, airway management, and perioperative inflammation and organ protection. Outcomes research and device development are also areas of concentration.
As part of our commitment to creating a culture of research, our department includes an Office of Research that
- enables adequate support for resident, junior and senior scientists
- encourages growing interest in clinical research
- sets and achieves research priorities, targets and indicators
Our department also takes direction from a research advisory committee. This committee of multidisciplinary internal and external members provides advice on our research core functions, emerging trends and opportunities to best position our researchers for success.