Making discoveries that matter
Whether we're working on a project that helps us better understand how global warming will affect your health, developing a national diabetes surveillance system or investigating the consequences of high nurse turnover, our research makes a direct impact on your well-being.
At the Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, we don't just react—we look ahead, taking a proactive approach to community care.
Industry and Partnerships
Connected regionally, nationally and around the world
Our close affiliation with major teaching hospitals and our substantial amounts of funding will ensure that you have plenty of opportunity for learning and research. Our partners include:
- Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Research Nova Scotia
We're also home to:
- Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (CLSA)
- Nova Scotia Cochrane Resource Centre (NSCRC)
- Health Data Nova Scotia (HDNS)
We contribute to the regional research infrastructure of the Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit (MSSU) and the Research Methods Unit (RMU - NSH Log in required).