Information at your fingertips
If you’re looking for an efficient and effective way to access a comprehensive collection of Nova Scotia health care, health services and population health data for your research project, HDNS can help.
These datasets include longitudinal, person-specific, de-identified health data of Nova Scotians, from as far back as 1989.
Our secure data platform allows you to interact with your research project dataset and provides valuable analytical tools in a secure environment. Our expert staff can provide the interpretations and explanations you need to really understand the full implications of the data you’re working with.
How we help
HDNS offers the following services for Researchers:
- Access to a rich source of linkable, person specific, but de-identified data on Nova Scotians, including health service records, population health data and census geographic areas
- Co-ordination of the entire data access process, including guidance, support, and advice when applying to access our data holdings and/or link them to other data sets (including Researcher-collected data)
- A streamlined and transparent access process for applying for data
- Descriptive and inferential analytic services
- Remote access to the HDNS Secure Data Platform, a central server for data storage and analysis, including encrypted backups, software, and other services to ensure compliance with data access requirements
How to apply for access
HDNS manages access to data according to applicable legislation, agreements with data custodians, and HDNS policies and procedures.
To learn more, review our Data Access Process.