Babar Haroon, MD, FRCP(C), Dip (Clin Epi), MEd
- MEd (Acadia University)
- Critical Care Fellowship (Dalhousie University)
- Diploma in Clinical Epidemiology (Memorial University)
- Internal Medicine Residency (Memorial University)
- MD (Memorial University)
- BSc (University of New Brunswick)
Director, Royal College Subspecialty Training Program, Adult Critical Care
Dr. Haroon’s main interest lies in simulation based medical education. He is a member of the simulation group in the Department of Critical Care and he serves as the simulation lead in the Department of Internal Medicine at the undergraduate level for Dalhousie Medical School. He is a member of the residency training committees for the Departments of Critical Care and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Haroon’s research interest lies in medical education based projects, and he currently holds a Dean’s Medical Education ‘Living Laboratory’ Research Fund.
- Bader, M. S., Yi, Y., Abouchehade, K., Haroon, B., Bishop, L. D., & Hawboldt, J. (2016). Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus: Predictors of Complications and Length of Hospital Stay. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences.
- Bader, M. S., Yi, Y., Abouchehade, K., Haroon, B., Bishop, L. D., & Hawboldt, J. (2015). Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Elderly Patients With Diabetes Mellitus: Outcomes and Time to First Dose of Appropriate Antibiotic Therapy. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice, 23(6), 294-300.
- Roberts, D. J., Haroon, B., & Hall, R. I. (2012). Sedation for critically ill or injured adults in the intensive care unit. Drugs, 72(14), 1881-1916.
- Poster Presentation: Samuel D. Searle, Alison Rodger, Steve Walsh, Giselle Davis, Tara Mercier, Leah Nemiroff, Babar Haroon, Sarah McMullen, Kenneth Rockwood. Frailty and Cognition in the Intensive Care Unit: Preliminary Results. 2017.
- Stephen Walsh, Giselle Davis, Tara Mercier, Babar Haroon, Sarah McMullen, Kenneth Rockwood, Samuel Searle. Frailty in Critical Care: Patient Mobility as a Clinical Predictor. Sargeant J, Mann K, MacDonald DA, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS. 2017.
- Podium Presentation (Accepted Abstract): European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM). Assessing Adherence to ACLS Protocols in Residents at a Canadian Teaching Hospital during Cardiac Arrest- A Simulation Based Study. Kennedy R, Sharma S, Butler M, Haroon B, Witter T. 2016.
- Excellence in Medical Education Award, Dalhousie Department of Medicine - 2016
- Educator of the Year, Dalhousie Department of Critical Care - 2016
- Outstanding Faculty: Resident Choice Award, Dalhousie Department of Medicine - 2015