Growing our research efforts
Department of Critical Care faculty members are active researchers making significant contributions to the latest in evidence-based critical care. Two faculty members, Dr. Robert Green and Dr. Osama Loubani, serve as principal investigators of multiple grant and industry funded studies.
Their areas of study include:
- critical care pharmacology
- resuscitation and severe sepsis
- acute lung injury and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- rates of, barriers to and facilitating factors for mobilization
- post-intubation outcomes
Did you know?
- In 2016-2017, department members led or participated in six multi-centre studies and trials to improve care of critically ill patients.
- In 2016-2017, our research funding totaled $105,767.
- In 2016-2017 our researchers published 29 articles in peer-reviewed journals.