Tobias Witter, MD
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 2Y9
- Ventilation and ARDS
- Ultrasonography in intensive care
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Critical Care (Adult) Fellowship (Helios Klinikum Erfurt, Germany)
- Preclinical Emergency Medicine (Fellowship) (Helios Klinikum Erfurt, Germany)
- Anesthesia Residency (Klinikum Ingolstadt, Germany)
- MD (University of Heidelberg, Germany)
- Interim Department Head, Critical Care, Dalhousie Univeristy
- Chief, Critical Care, Central Zone, Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
Dr. Witter’s interests lie in ARDS management, hemodynamic monitoring and ultrasound in the critically ill. Dr. Witter is involved in student, resident and fellow education. Aside from developing scenarios to improve basic CRM skills, he is also involved in communication teaching for the ICU fellow and an instructor for the national ACES course.
Since Dr. Witter is a part of the acute pain management group of the Department of Anesthesia, naturally one of his interests is pain management and he recently started to research in the area of pain management and outcomes in the intensive care population.