Vision & Mission
Ensuring safe, effective anesthesia
Vision: A culture of excellence in anesthesia clinical practice and programs, research and education.
Mission: To deliver anesthesia services through up-to-date clinical care based on the latest evidence (research) and knowledge (education).
The Department of Anesthesia, Pain Management & Perioperative Medicine believes that:
- patients are entitled to safe, evidence-informed, humanistic care
- staff and faculty well-being is foundational to the department’s success
- life-long learning is a prerequisite to safe, competent care and professional, compassionate clinicians
- scholarly curiosity is fundamental to the improvement and enhancement of patient care
- stewardship of local and global resources is a departmental responsibility
- transparency and accountability, in combination with creative thinking and leadership, are imperative to the department’s quest for excellence
How Anesthesia, Pain Management & Perioperative Medicine is fulfilling its vision and mission is captured in its strategic plan [PDF - 1MB].