Atlantic Pain Conference
September 15, 2017
Delta St. John’s Hotel & Convention Centre Newfoundland
120 New Gower St. St. John’s NL, A1C 6K4
This Program provides an update on pain management for Physicians, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Health Care Professionals who have an interest in Chronic Pain.
The objective is to cover an intensive curriculum within a short period of time. The program will give the clinician an appreciation of the importance of taking an interdisciplinary approach as well as provide updates on key areas of pain management.
- The Endocannabinoid System and Cannabinoid Analgesia
- Moving Forward with Fibromyalgia
- How Does the Treatment of Chronic Pain in Children Differ from adults
- Pain in Older Adults
- Appropriate Prescribing in Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Pain During Intercourse: a couples’ perspective
- Cannabinoid Clinical Trials in Pain, and Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency
- Transitioning Pain Management from the Perioperative Setting
- Motivational Communication to Support Self-Management in Pain
The conference brochure (including a mail-in registration form) is available for download.
Online registrations close(d) on September 12th. On-site Registration will be available the day of the conference. Payment by Credit Card, Cheque or Cash are available.
This group learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Dalhousie University Continuing Professional Development Office for up to 7.00 Mainpro+ credits. As an accredited provider, Dalhousie University, CPD, designates this continuing professional development activity for up to 7.00 credit hours as an accredited group learning Section 1 activity as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
In keeping with CMA Guidelines, program content and selection of speakers are the responsibility of the planning committee. Support is directed toward the costs of the course and not to individual speakers through an unrestricted educational grant.
Delta St. John’s Hotel & Convention Centre
120 New Gower St. St. John’s NL, A1C 6K4 Tel: (709) 739-6404
A block of rooms for the Atlantic Pain Conference will be held at the rate of $199.00 but will be subject to increase with late notice.
For further information, please contact: