Project Supervisor Information Kit
Thank you for agreeing to be a Resident Project Supervisor! We appreciate the time and effort it takes to fulfill this role and have provided some links/resources to help guide you.
As a Project Supervisor you will work with the Dalhousie Family Medicine Resident to assist with development and overarching completion of the resident’s scholarly activity through their resident project. You will help support and counsel residents on the content of their project. (Resident Project Supervisor Job description). You will be supported by your local site Resident Project Coordinators.
The Resident Project Guide is a thorough and complete description of all aspects related to resident projects. You may want to read the Project Types (page 3), Project Format (page 4) and Guide on How to Organize Resident Projects Based on Type (page 19).
You will be required to complete and submit three forms on one45 (Form II, III, IV). Your resident will provide you with the content for these forms. We have attached a document to summarize how the forms are facilitated (see Dalhousie Family Medicine Resident Project Forms I-IV (one 45 Tasks)).
- 1st Tuesday in November of PGY1 year – Project Proposal (Form I) due
- 1st Tuesday in December of PGY1 year – Project Supervisor Agreement (Form II) due
- 1st Tuesday in September of PGY2 year – Resident Project Progress Report (Form III) due
- 1st Tuesday in January of PGY2 year – Project Draft/Final Approval (Form IV) due
- 2nd Monday in February PGY2 year – Completed Final Project Due
Here are some useful links regarding Resident Project Types:
- Resident Project Guide (click and expand the Resident Projects section)
- Tips and Tricks When Doing a Resident Research Project
- Tips and Tricks When applying to REB for a Family Medicine Resident Project
- Tips and Tricks When Doing Statistics
- Tips and Tricks When Creating a Clinical Educational Tool Project
- Tips and Tricks when Doing a Literature Review Project
Prince Edward Island
Health PEI’s Research Ethics Board
Please reach out to your local Project Coordinator, Medical Education Secretary, or Resident Project Chair) if you have any questions.
Many thanks again for taking part in Dalhousie Family Medicine Resident Projects!
Resident Project Sub-Committee Chair – Dr. Laura Sadler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Education Committee Secretary – Susan Russell McGrath (email@example.com)
Local Resident Project Coordinators – contact Susan Russell McGrath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Medical Education Coordinator/One45 software support – Allister Barton (Allister.Barton@dal.ca)