Kristin Ikeda, MD, FRCPC
QEII - Halifax Infirmary (HI) Site
Suite 3833 Halifax Infirmary Building
1796 Summer Street
Halifax, NS B3H 3A7
- functional connectivity analyses in people with epilepsy
- new-onset epiepsy
- status epilepticus populations
Dr. Ikeda has expertise in electroencephalography and management of complex epilepsy. She has special interests in women’s issues in epilepsy, management of medically refractory epilepsy, presurgical epilepsy evaluations, use of magnetoencephalography (MEG) in presurgical evaluation of patients with epilepsy, and transitioning pediatric patients to the adult epilepsy clinic.
- Bachelor of Music: Wilfrid Laurier University
- Doctor of Medicine: McMaster University
- Master of Neuroscience: Western University
- Neurology Residency: Western University
- Epilepsy/EEG Fellowship: Western University
Dr. Ikeda’s research interests include functional connectivity analyses in people with epilepsy, and in particular after the first seizure, new-onset epilepsy and status epilepticus populations.